Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm Alive

What's this? A post from the long lost me? It feels like ages sin since I've been around, mostly because...well...it has. This marks the first day in (I believe) 18 days that I am not working. Yikes!
It's been absolutely nutty to say the least. Some days have stretched into fourteen hour marathons and the ones that have been shorter, when I got home I was just too tired to flip on the computer. So if you haven't seen my mug on your sites lately, that's why.
A brief update on Lisa's mom: She had surgery (again) yesterday and this time they did a complete mastectomy. The pathology report showed that there is currently no more cancer present. Great news! Lisa and the boys went down to Calif to see her and the doctor pulled Lisa aside and told her what a remarkable difference Maria showed from before to currently. She said having her family around was probably the best medicine she could have prescribed. I'm so glad she and the boys were able to get down there. They'll be back home tomorrow evening...yeah!
A little time apart is ok, but it does make me realize how much I like being around my wife and sons.
In my wild bachelor like nights while they have been down south I've really been hooping it up. Last night I went down to the local taqueria and ordered a carnitas burrito, brought it home, cracked open a Dr Pepper and watched "The Bucket List". Do I know how to party or what?
The movie was great, thoroughly enjoyed it. Made me laugh and cry at various times. I know a fair number of critics poo-pooed it but to them I say, "Bite me!" If you haven't seen it I highly recommend renting it.
Well that's about it for now. Psycho Mom forwarded the following to me in an email and I thought you might enjoy it too. See you tomorrow with a Wordzzle or two if I get off my butt and write them.
Ciao
HEADLINES...... FROM THE YEAR: 2029

Ozone created by electric cars now killing millions in the seventh largest country in the world, Mexifornia , formerly known as California

White minorities still trying to have English recognized as Mexifornia's third language.

Spotted Owl plague threatens northwestern United States crops and livestock.

Baby conceived naturally! Scientists stumped.

Couple petitions court to reinstate heterosexual marriage. Iran still closed off; physicists estimate it will take at least 10 more years before radioactivity decreases to safe levels.

France pleads for global help after being taken over by Jamaica . No other country comes forward to help the beleaguered nation!

Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally, but President Chelsea Clinton has banned all smoking.

George Z. Bush says he will run for President in 2036.

Postal Service raises price of first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces mail delivery to Wednesdays only.

85-year $75.8 billion study: Diet and exercise is the key to weight loss.

Average weight of Americans drops to 250 lbs.

Global cooling blamed for citrus crop failure for third consecutive year in Mexifornia and Florexico.

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

Abortion clinics now available in every High School in United States.

Senate still blocking drilling in ANWR even though gas is selling for 4532 Pesos per liter and gas stations are only open on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Massachusetts executes last remaining conservative.

Supreme Court rules punishment of criminals violates their civil rights.

Average height of NBA players is now nine feet, seven inches.

New federal law requires that all nail clippers, screwdrivers, fly swatters and rolled-up newspapers must be registered by January 2030. IRS sets lowest tax rate at 75 percent.

Florexico voters still having trouble with voting machines.

15 comments:

Dana said...

Thanks for the update Jeff! I always become a little concerned when "regular" bloggers disappear. I'm thrilled to hear your MIL is doing much better! Enjoy having your family back home.

katherine. said...

amen to no additional cancer cells for lisa's mom! Family is an important component in health and recovery...

I hate cancer.

lets see in 2029 I will be seventy years old...

Jeni said...

Excellent news about your MIL's surgery and condition. Gotta agree with the dr. there that family does help the patient very much! And, as to "The Bucket List" -Rick, of Palm Springs Savant had done a little review about that movie a couple weeks back -I'd never even heard of it before then, imagine that? but I rented it, watched it and yes, I LOVED it too! Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are two of my all-time favorite movie stars -along with Paul Newman and going back way farther in time, Clark Gable! Guess you really could care less about those last facts though, huh?
Get some rest now and have a great weekend!

Travis Cody said...

Good news about Lisa's mom. Thanks for letting us know. Now kick back and enjoy a bit of down time.

Ron said...

HOWDY JEFF!!!

YEAAAAAA! You're alive!

Glad to hear about all the work coming your way.

Go, boy!

First of all, I'm so glad to hear about Lisa'a mom getting a clean bill from the pathologist!

Whew!

ooooh...and you had a "bachlelor night." That sounded cool! And having that Mexican food, I bet it was so nice to freely fart and not have to worry about offended anyone!

Thanks for the movie recommendation. I'm so behind in movies, so maybe this weekend I rent it.

Loved your mom's email. The postal service one made me HOWL!

Hey, bud...enjoy the rest of your day off...you deserve it.

And have a great weekend too!

Later gator!

Raven said...

Glad you are alive, that your mother-in-law is doing well and that your family will be back to settle you down from the wild life. See you tomorrow at Wordzzles.

Jeff B said...

Dana- I felt bad about not being around, but I was just flat beat.

Katherine- There really isn't any good part about cancer is there? And no comment about the 70 years old part.

Jeni- I still maintain that some of the best actors came from years past. They didn't have the luxury of the computer to make them look beter than they were. The set designs were pretty spectacular then too.

Travis- I'm planning on doing just that, in fact I slept in till 8:30 this morning. That's unheard of for me.

Ron- Just seeing your avatar brightens my day! For the record my farts never offend. . . and if you believe that one I have a bridge I'd like to sell ya.

Raven- Yah, I just let it all hang out this week! Living on the edge I tell ya.

Schmoop said...

Good News on the MIL. In 2029, will be 64 yers old and receiving my third liver. Cheers Jeff!!

Jeff B said...

Matt- or should I say Sir Osis, with all that Bagwine in your system they won't have to embalm you to perserve your corpse! Sounds like you'll be pre-pickled.

Dianne said...

"Sir Osis" - love it!!

I'm glad your MIL is doing better. I loved your description of your big bachelor night - you're such a family guy ;)

Welcome Home to Lisa and the boys!

San said...

Glad to hear Lisa's mom is coming along. Great news for the whole family.

Yup, you do know how to party at that. You wild and crazy dude.

Love the headlines from the future too.

CrystalChick said...

Great news for your MIL. Of course going thru that surgery must be very difficult too though.

OH if another Bushie is in our future... 2036 you say?... I'll be in my early '70's but prepared to move to a villa in Tuscany.

Jeff B said...

Dianne- A little different program than it would have been in my 20's.

San- Those headlines are a bit unnerving at times.

Crystalchick- If that happens please make sure you have room for me too.

Sandee said...

Bwahahahahaha. Why am I laughing? This is probably exactly what's going to happen. Good one. :)

maryt/theteach said...

Glad you're back Jeff, very funny headlines that MIGHT come true! :)