Friday, October 14, 2011

Nine Loves

The next installment of the 10 day challenge.

Nine of my Loves

1. My family. Ya ya, I know, maybe it's a cheesy answer, but seriously, I have a great family. My wife and I are coming up on 20 years of marriage. We were friends before we were lovers and we've managed to grow closer over the years. I/we have two boys and they're pretty darned good kids if I do say so myself.


2. Quite possibly the worlds most perfect food... Ice Cream. Most flavors are good, but for me, nothing beats Chocolate Chip!


3. The San Francisco 49ers. I was a fan back when Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lott, Steve Young and the rest of the gang were racking up Super Bowl rings. I've continued to be a fan in recent years too, even though the wins haven't been as easy to come by.


4. I love a great comedy as well as a good tragedy.


5. Jesus Christ. He loved me first and I now I love him.


6. I'm typically on the go all the time. Camping is one of the few things that allows me to completely relax.


7. The ocean. All of my adult life I've lived within two hours of the Pacific Ocean. Maybe I'm part fish (I am a Pisces after all), but there is something that draws me to the sand and surf.


8. My yellow lab Bianca. She's been a faithful companion for about nine years now.


9. Honesty. It may not always be the easiest path to take, but I really value people who are honest with me, and perhaps more importantly, with themselves.



6 comments:

Ron said...

Great meme, Jeff!

"8. My yellow lab Bianca. She's been a faithful companion for about nine years now."

Hey, I had NO idea you had a dog?!? For some reason I thought you only had cats. Bianca is soooo beautiful! I adore labs!

9."Honesty. It may not always be the easiest path to take, but I really value people who are honest with me, and perhaps more importantly, with themselves."

I sooooo agree.

Have a super weekend, buddy!

Mel said...

Oh LOOK at the puppy! What a sweetheart....

I particularly liked number 9, 7 and 5.
Number 6--notsomuch..... I like campFIRES. Now THAT I could do! :-)

Jeff B said...

Ron- She's been the best dog I've ever had.

Mel- No trip is complete without a good 'ole campfire.

Roan said...

I'm not so sure I would like camping anymore. My old bones would miss a nice soft bed. Love the 49er's. I went to Superbowl XIX in Palo Alto. One of my favorite memories. Ice cream, my all time favorite dessert. Love all your loves, especially the first.

katherine. said...

Good things to love.

Jeff B said...

Roan- I used to do a lot of backpacking and don't see anymore of that in my future for the very same reasons.

Kat- Thanks