With the recent acquisition of Budweiser the "American Larger", by Belgium/Brazilian based Inbev, it got me to thinking about the possible name combinations of this and other potential foreign and domestic partnerships.
1. In the case of Inbev, it also owns/produces the beer BECKS, so I'm thinking a logical name combining the two would be Beckweiser..."the sellout stout".
2. The now defunct IndyMac Bank could join forces with Swiss cheese makers and become Indy Mac N Cheese.
3. In an effort to stabilize the economy in Iraq and to enable the the women of that country to finally openly express their sexuality, Hollywood will lose its claim to the lingerie business when Frederick's of Baghdad opens its doors this winter. Look for full length head to toe covering black bustiers coming to a store near you soon.
4. Speaking of the middle east, the US will attempt to free itself form its dependency on overseas oil by partnering with our neighbors to the south. The next time you go to fill up, keep your eyes open for Mexxon.
5. As part of the trickle down effect even the nation's farmers will find the need to outsource. Vegetables will now be picked fresh and then shipped to the Mediterranean where the new Del Monte Carlo will can them. Unfortunately a 10 oz. can of green beans will now cost approximately $278.00
6. In order to stay competitive with the far east in retail electronics, Americans will now have to shop at Budapest Buy for their new computers and video games. This will undoubtedly leave consumers Hungary for more selection.
7. The Dollar store will be taken over by the European Union and will be renamed the Euro Store. Americans will no longer be allowed to use good old fashioned greenbacks to make their purchases. Instead they will have to convert their currency to the Euro. The exchange rate against the weak dollar will unfortunately make it impossible for the average person to afford anything in the store.
8. The British will finally get a some pay back for that little tea party America threw a couple hundred years ago when it takes over the fast food industry by combining all the the current chains into the new conglomerate to be called Burger Queen of England. Every item available will now come complete with a side order of Imperial Tax.
9. Realizing that this global takeover of previously American held companies will lead to extremely large unemployment rates, resulting in the increased number of homeless, the White House will revamp the nation's leading home improvement store into a new social program known as The Homeless Depot. The shelves that used to be lined with power tools and lumber, will now be stocked with shopping carts and cardboard. Sign making workshops will be held at freeway off ramps at each location during the morning and evening commutes.
Feel free to share any others I may have overlooked.