Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Taking Care of Business

No, this won't be a rendition of the classic BTO song with the same title. Wait, did I just call that song a classic? Oi Veh. Wait, did I just type with a Jewish accent? Alright enough already, let's see, what was I going to say here? Oh ya.....

There's a new blogger among us. A neighbor and friend of mine has recently started writing a blog and I thought I'd take a moment to introduce you to her site. She currently has a children's book in the hands of a potential publisher, so she's in that realm known as, "The waiting game." I wish her well in her endeavors and commend her at the same time for stepping into that arena.

If any of you have been in that position, I'm sure you're aware of how much your emotions are exposed. Excited about the potential of being a published author and apprehensive about the inevitable, "Thank you for submitting your story, but we're not _____ at this time" letters.

Anyway, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her story will make it into the hands of a publisher who absolutely falls in love with it. She's a real sweetheart and I'm sure an encouraging word from any of you who have the time to visit her site would be a boost. Here's a quick link to her place, Cross Your T's.



In other blog related "business" I was recently bestowed with a couple of awards. One of them I quietly slipped onto my sidebar and the other I will be placing there just ahead of posting this. Figured it was only proper that I take the time to acknowledge the two ladies who took the time to include me in their generosity. As is the custom with these things I am to pass them along to others, but as you may know, my custom is to simply say thank you and let it go at that.



The first is Sandi of Holding Patterns. I believe the hearts in the open hands as depicted in the award paint a fitting picture of Sandi. The open hands reflecting her own openness in sharing her emotions as life hands out its ups and downs to her. The hearts a reflection of her big heart, especially when it comes to her four legged fuzzy "kids", one of which she unfortunately had to say goodbye to after nineteen years of companionship. Her blogging buddy Arial, the cute little black cat that kept a place at her right hand and in her heart is now chasing mice in the great beyond.

Thank you Sandi!





The other is Kimmie of Pretty Amazing Grace. Now her award says brilliant on it, and I must admit, that's a far cry from what I'd label this humble little site, but nonetheless I will gladly accept it just the same. From her creative story telling to the kind words she shares to her stinging sense of humor at times, it's been a pleasure getting to know her. She recently renewed, revamped, recreated (or whatever you want to call it) her blog, so if you haven't gone by for a look "What the heck are you waiting for"?

Thank you Kimmie!






OK, I think that wraps up this addition of business for now. There is of course, still the meme that Mimi has tagged me with and I should probably get around to that one of these fine feathered days or the dungeon will be my new digs. Well let's hope the Queen is not too time sensitive and will let me breath fresh clean air for a bit longer until I get to it.

I have a list started that should be ready to unveil soon, of new Olympic sports I'd like to see. I'm sure you'll all be on pins and needles now, patiently awaiting it, so I'll hurry up and get it posted asap. In the mean time, get off of those things. They're sharp and pointy and will likely leave a mark!

Ciao

21 comments:

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Good luck to your friend...

Get that meme done, but if you end up in the dungeon I can help you break out...

Jeff B said...

Bond- I'll take that under advisement. Maybe Travis could bake me/us a cake with a file in it. You know how much that guy likes cake!

Jay said...

The dungeon might not be that bad. Just a dominatrix and some of her "toys." haha

Jeff B said...

Jay- Well...now that you put it that way...

Bond- FYI the last couple of times I've tried to get to your site IE gives me an error message. Coinsidence or blogger gremlins, I'm not sure

Desert Songbird said...

*snort*

Your post just made me giggle and snort. You have such a great way with words.

Akelamalu said...

Congrats on the awards Jeff and I'll nip over to visit your friend right now!

Sandee said...

I visited Kelly as requested. Nice blog.

Congratulations on all the awards, and you know our queen has been sick right? She may not notice that you haven't done the meme, but I wouldn't bet on that. She seems to know everything. That dungeon of hers scares me.

Have a great day Jeff. :)

buffalodick said...

When asked, I'll go. I hope she knows the fruitcake world she's walking into...

Kelly H-Y said...

Thanks so much for your kind words and encouragement, Jeff! By the way ... we ran into your Mom at the store when she was buying the ingredients for the cake! Glad it turned out well!

Jeff B said...

Songbird- All giggles and snorts gladly and graciiously accepted here.

Akelamalu- I'm hoping she'll take a look at Saturday Wordzzles as a creative writing possibility too.

Sandee- Glad you went by to visit Kelly.

Buffalo- If she doesn't yet, I have a feeling she soon will!

Kelly- I know it's just a matter of time for your book to get published. Can't wait to say, "I remember when she was just getting started."

Travis Cody said...

Drat. I just got one of those dang pins stuck through my big toe. You couldn't warn a guy sooner next time to be careful, could you?

And what's this about ruining a perfectly good CAKE by putting a file in it? Blasphemy I say!

Besides, Vinny knows his way around that dungeon pretty well and he has a knack for dodging our dear Queen.

Dianne said...

I can't get to Vin's site through IE. He's so special I fire up Firefox just for him!

Congrats on the awards - you're a pretty cool guy ya know :)

I'll stop by your friend's blog

I think I'm months behind on a couple of memes - it happens ;)

j said...

I will visit your friend when I leave here.


congrats on the awards.

Jen

Ryanne said...

I really hope your friend gets her story published. It is a frightening thing. I have submitted a story before, and well I haven't found the right publisher yet, but I hope she does. Thanks for stopping by to see my lightning pics they were fun to take. It took a bit of time and a lot of patience, but I think well worth it. Have a great day Jeff.

katherine. said...

nice hat tip for your friend....and well deserved awards!

Schmoop said...

Good luck to your neighbor and congrats on the awards Jeff. Cheers!!

Jeff B said...

Travis- He's probably got a tunnel dug to the outside by now.

Dianne- It's strange, until last week I could access Vinny's site just fine. and thanks for going by and visiting Kelly, hopefully knowing there are some people out there will help her get rolling.

Jen- Thanks. Now I need to get back to visit you as well.

Ryanne- Hope you haven't given up trying for a publisher. From what I hear it can be frustrating , but the end result can be very rewarding.

Katherine- I remember not quite a year ago being in her position, wondering if anyone would read what I had to say. Thought a little encouragement would help jump start her site. thanks

Matt- With all of us, good luck may just be the correct phrase.

Mel- Right back at ya.

Sandi McBride said...

Thank you for the sweet words, Jeff...and with friends like you, Ariel will certainly live on in cyberspace for a long time! Congrats on the Brilliant Blog award, too...well deserved!
hugs
Sandi

nitebyrd said...

Congratulations on the well deserved awards. You're a good guy to pimp great blogs!

Jeff B said...

Sandi- Sweet words come easy for someone like you. Sorry, I noticed I spelled Ariel's name wrong.

Nitebyrd- All I need now is a big red Caddi and a large rimed hat and I'll look the part as the pimp too.

Kimmie said...

Hey Jeff!

I will check out your friends blogs, I am so happy for your neighbor possibly getting published! I wish her nothing but success!

I am sorry that Sandi lost one of her furkins. That had to be so heartbreaking. Hugs and Purrs to her from me and Miss Boo.

Your Welcome for your award, I have loved your blog from day one of coming here. You are beyond deserving. Thanks for the plug also. So I have a "stinging sense of humor?" LOL! You need to explain that one to me! ;-)

Hugs my friend,
Kimmie