Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Meandering About


As the great hunter Elmer Fudd would say, "Time for a wittle west and wewaxation."

My work projects have wrapped up and I'm ready to pack it in until after Christmas. Yahooooo!!!

Things should be pretty calm around here for the next couple of weeks now. After that we will be heading down to California to spend Christmas with Lisa's mom and brother. We're going to manage to get in some tourist type time in while down there too. Believe it or not, after living for about thirty years an hour away from San Francisco, Lisa never has been to Alcatraz island. So, on the 23rd, we're going to go check it out.

~~~

Winter may officially be a couple of weeks away, but like most of the country, if you take a look at the thermometer it would appear that it's already upon us. When I left for work this morning it was a whopping 15 degrees outside. For the third day in a row, the daytime high stayed under freezing. Brrrrrr!!! Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit colder still and, as an added bonus, if we're real lucky, we may get freezing rain on Friday/Saturday. Yepee Skippy!

~~~

How about a little cold weather Haiku?

I can't feel my toes
Temperature plummeting
It's so freaking cold!

~~~

Here's a blogging question. Sometimes when I read a post I particularly enjoy, or one that I like to reference back to, I mention the author along with a link to their place. I do this out of courtesy, not obligation. So the prose is this: Do you, when you see these links, ever click on them to visit the site?

~~~

I have a story idea running through my head. Hopefully I'll actually find the time and ambition to get it out on "paper" and share it with you all.

~~~

OK, enough rambling on for now.

18 comments:

quilly said...

Jeff -- I often click on the suggested links of people whose blog I like. I have made more friends doing that then any other type of reader increasing methods.

Schmoop said...

Have a great time bandying about Jeff. And yes, I follow suggested links many times. Cheers!!

Anndi said...

My daughter had a snow day yesterday! Geez!

I often do click on the links. It all depends on how they're presented and who posts them. (P.S. Sure way to get me not to, is to tell me I MUST - cause I'm a rebel that way)

I wonder if all that cold will keep your bananas fresh longer... *smile*

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I will click on links when I have time and am not running through my favorite authors

Finding Pam said...

I agree with the other comments. However if there are too many I won't check them all. It is a time constraint.

Have a Merry Christmas and stay warm. Brrrrrr my teeth are chattering.

Sandee said...

Enjoy your break. It's always a welcomed rest. I so remember.

I do click on links if the author makes it seem the thing to do.

Have a terrific day. :)

Ron said...

YAAAAAAAY!

So glad to hear you've got a nice break coming up - you truly deserve it, bud!

Oh man...Alcatraz! How cool. I would love to see it. Never been to San Fran, but hear it's awesome. Everyone says I would love the weather because it never gets hot. Speaking off...I'm jealous of your low temps. It was like 70 degress yesterday - bummer!

Sometimes I will click on a refered link and other times I won't. I'm like Anndi - it all depends on how they're presented and who posts them.

Have a great day, buddy!!!!!!!!

Jeff B said...

Quilly- Good to know

Matt- I shall indeed

Anndi- I hear what you're saying. It's like the emails that say, "Forward to x amount of people or your eyes will all out..." That's an automatic delete for me.

Bond- That's like me. If time allows

Pam- I've got more than just my teeth chattering!

Sandee- I will enjoy it, thanks.

Ron- San Fran is such a cool place to visit. When I lived close, I'd always play tour guide for friends from out of town who wanted to check it out. 70? I'm jealous!!!!

Akelamalu said...

Have a great break Jeff.

I do follow links when I have time. :)

Kelly H-Y said...

Yay ... you get to enjoy a relaxing remainder to your December!

Roan said...

I almost always click on the recommended link. It's a good way to find interesting blogs. Love the haiku...works here, too. And would love to read a new story, although I am somewhat disappointed you didn't write a story from all the prompts from your 9/22 post. ;)

Nessa said...

I like your haiku.

I click on the links.

Car Goes Boom

Jeff B said...

Akelamalu- I plan to.

Kelly- Day one of relaxation was a trip to Multnoma Falls. A post to follow.

BJ- I have gone through being disappointed with myself over that, to feeling guilty, to just giving up, to ..... I still have all the phrases written down, so maybe I'll eventually do it. (In spite of myself)

Nessa- It's been nasty cold here the past few days.

Mel said...

Nasty cold..... *laughing*

-24 might qualify as 'nasty cold'. 15? Notsomuch. *laughing*

Very cool to take that break and see some sights. Wish that was an option for me about now--but alas and alack, no rest for the wicked. :-/ OR those in the nasty cold. LOL

Happy sight-seeing!!

nitebyrd said...

Seeing Alcatraz! How freakin' cool is that!?! I hope you have a wonderful and a little bit relaxing Christmas holiday.

Yes! I always click the links.

Gene Bach said...

Here's the world's shortest fairy tale for you:

Once upon a time there was a man, and he asked a woman to marry him, but she said no...and he lived happily ever after.

CrystalChick said...

I went to Cali right after my senior year of high school. The one thing I could't wait to see was Alcatraz. But it got put off until the end of the trip. Last day there, we went to get tickets and it was sold out. :*( All we got was a boat ride in the choppy bay.
That was 1983 and I've never had the occasion to go back. It's a LONG trip from the East Coast! So I do really hope you and Lisa have an awesome time there! If and when I ever get back to the San Fran area it's definitely on the list!

Sometimes I click on the links. Although I've had enough trouble just visiting my normal peeps and keeping my own page current but I try if it were highly recommended for something cool.

Desert Songbird said...

Hey you! Sorry I haven't been around; kids and hubby are home until January 4th, but I'm coming back up to speed. In fact, I actually posted on my blog - oh the horror! *grin*

Yes, sometime I click over. I depends much on how much time I have, what the set up is (i.e., if the blogger makes it intriguing enough to click over), etc.

Hope you and the clan had a great Christmas. Joyous New Year to you all.