Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Back In the Saddle Again!



Well... It's been six years and twenty-three days since I last posted anything here. Like most of the people that used to write on blogs, we all seemed to abandon them in favor of the more simplistic Facebook, Twitter or Instagram route. I too followed the crowd to Facebook and am still there, but lately I've been yearning for something with more substance. Something like a... well, like the good ol' blog.

A couple of months ago I read back through all the old posts I'd written, and remembered how much enjoyment this little corner of the blogosphere gave me. I met some really great people here and have maintained those friendships to this day. Sadly, some people I've completely lost touch with. Makes me wonder what became of them. Busy lives carrying us in a multitude of different directions I suppose. Still, I wonder.

Beyond the friendships, one of the things I really missed was writing stories. I love telling a tale. I want to get back into that groove again. It helps to keep the synapsis firing in the old brain bucket and when you're an old fart like me, that's a good thing. Don't have any specific story that is dying to be told, but I'm sure as the fingers start caressing the keyboard again, the ideas will flow.

Noticed I'm going to have to update my sidebar. Only one person on there still writes with any regularity. That's my buddy Ron. Love that guy! Going to have to add my brother Gene on there too. He also decided to fire up his old blog and give it a go again. Now all I have to do is figure out how to do that again. LOL

If you happen to stumble on this post, leave me a comment and let me know you're alive. If you know of any weekly or monthly writing challenges, point me in their direction please.

That's pretty much it for this reintroduction. Interested to see where this next chapter takes me.


3 comments:

Gene Bach said...

Glad to see you back. Most folks have gone away, but maybe they'll come back too someday.

Jeff B said...

Ya, only one person is still active from my old group. Hope some of the others will jump back in someday. Until then, time to meet some new people.

Ron said...

Jeff, I am sooooooooooo happy to see that you relaunched your blog. You've been very missed, my friend! Yes, I know what you mean about other social media platforms. Nothing compares to blogging as far as I'm concerned, because it seems more "quality time" than the others. I do have a Instagram feed, but that is only for my interest in photography.

"I met some really great people here and have maintained those friendships to this day."

I agree! I've met some REALLY great people through blogging (you being one of them) and maintained those friendships to this day!

Again, grrrrreat to see you back, buddy! Looking forward to blogging with you!

Cheers!