Sunday, November 11, 2007

Riddle Me This

OK since you all enjoyed my last mathematical dilemma so much, I decided I'd share another "thinker" with you. Don't worry there are no computations involved. It may however, require some good old fashioned head scratching.

Below a list of 36 questions with the first one answered as an example. On Thursday 11/15, I'll give you the answers in a similar post as this one. That should be enough time to ponder these and either prove what a smarty pants you are, or to become totally frustrated by the whole thing.

Some sadistic person shared part of this list with me years ago (thanks mom) and I've added a few of my own since.

Enjoy!


QUESTION . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .ANSWER


a) 26 = L of the A . . . . . . . . . . Letters of the Alphabet
b) 7 = W of the A W
c) 1001 = A N
d) 12 = S of the Z
e) 54 = C in a D (with the J)
f) 88 = P K
g) 13 = S on the A F
h) 32 = D F at which W F
i) 18 = H on a G C
j) 90 = D in a R A
k) 200 = D for P G in M
l) 3 = B M (S H T R)
m) 4 = Q in a G
n) 24 = H in a D
o) 1 = W on a U
p) 57 = H V
q) 11 = P on a F T
r) 1000 = W that a P is W
s) 29 = D in F in a L Y
t) 40 = D and N of the G F
u) 9 = J on the S C
v) 9 = P in our S S
w) 8 = S on a S S
x) 5+4 = D in a Z C
y) 64 = S on a C
z) 5 = T on a F
aa) 21 = P in B J
bb) 3 = S in an O
cc) 6 = P on a P T
dd) 100 = Y on a F F
ee) 12 = D of C
ff) 5 = S on a B
gg) 4 = S(W S S F)
hh) 2000 = P in a T
ii) 2 = S to E S
jj) 1 = if B L T if B S

12 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

Hi Jeff, I have seen your comments on my blog but could not respond from the ship. Thanks for the visits and nice comments, as I catch up I will read back through your blog.

Mel said...

*waves*

Right then.....

Off to make up answers!

(you didn't really think I'd play by 'rules' didya? LOL)

Travis Cody said...

Geeez. On the first read through I got one.

Jeff B said...

Sarge Charlie- Thanks for the visit.

Mel- Rules...we don't no stinkin' rules.

Travis- When I first did this several seemed to come quickly, but it was the last three or four that drove me crazy.

Have fun all.

Schmoop said...

I love these things. I'll try to answer them all...Cheers!!

Charles Gramlich said...

I got one too. that was the one you gave us.

Jeff B said...

Matt-Man- Always nice to have an enthusiastic player on board.

Charles G- Don't stop now, you're on a roll.

Mel said...

.....k......with a bit of help from himself (which wasn't much help..LOL) we're down to four.

Nevermind that they're makin' me nutz....LOL
Yep. Thinkin' I'll make at least four up. (there's a couple of 'em that I'm thinking might be up for grabs--and NO I do NOT obsess!)

katherine. said...

oh geeezzzzz.
c'mon

sigh.

katherine. said...

okay (Jeff = PITA) what are we suppose to do...email em to you...post the answers ... what?

laughing laughing laughing...

Jeff B said...

Mel- sounds like the competition is heating up...no pressure though, at least not from me. Ha

Katherine- Thanks, I think I'll ask people to email me their lists. I just put my email in my profile.

jnlbach@yahoo.com

Jeff=PITA...I think I know this one. Bwahahaha

Mel said...

She meant that with the utmost love and affection, I'm certain.....