Sunday, February 15, 2009

Portrait of Words has moved

Looking for this month's Portrait of Words story and links? It has been moved to my new writing blog of the same name. You can click here for a quick link to it, or if you prefer: http://portraitofwords.blogspot.com

Many of you have already come by for a look. To those of you, thank you. For the rest of you, what the heck are you waiting for? Okay, Okay, don't get your shorts all up in a bunch, just come by if you feel like it.

And now, for something completely different...


Slogans that are a bit more accurate:

VISA -It's everywhere you can't afford to be

American Express -You can leave debt without it

Hallmark- When you're pressured into sending the very best

Microsoft - Where do you want to go (CTRL ALT DEL . . . Restart . . .) today

How about if Allstate Insurance and Kellogg's Rice Krispies got together:
You're in good hands with Snap, Crackle and Pop


If the Milk Board hooked up with AT&T:
It does a body good when you reach out and touch someone


Another greeting card possibility:
In celebration of your liver transplant we chipped in a got you a new puppy. We named him spot.



Hmmm, can you tell I'm out of ideas right now? Any good memes out there?

13 comments:

katherine. said...

clever boy!

need to finish up my POW....

Roan said...

I've been tempted to try memeexpress, but I have 2 manuscripts I'm trying to edit and in the middle of combining 2 homes into one...a near impossible job! I don't need to commit to anything else, but if you're interested...it speaks of poetry, but the prompts are for all writers.

memeexpress.blogspot.com

Schmoop said...

You...are...a...mess. Cheers Jeff!!

laughingwolf said...

i like the new digs, bud :)

Thom - - Dr. John said...

Katherine- Good to hear you're going to join in this month.

BJ- I'll have a look, thanks.

MattMan- I resemble that remark!

Thom - - Dr. John said...

Laughingwolf- Thanks

Jay said...

Strip clubs could team up with AT&T and use that "reach out and touch someone" line too. ;-)

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

LOL

Desert Songbird said...

I still think you should start your own card company.

Nessa said...

Honesty in advertising will never happen.

Sandee said...

I'm posting a music meme tonight at 9 pacific time. I had lots of fun putting it together. Might want to take a look at that.

I love your slogans. Thanks for the chuckles.

Have a terrific day. :)

Thom - - Dr. John said...

Jay- That or Campbell's Soup. "M'm M'm good"

Bond- Thanks

Songbird- Don't tempt me.

Nessa- You're right, but wouldn't it be refreshing?

Sandee- Thanks for the idea. I'll have a look at it.

Travis Cody said...

Funny!

And I like the new look.