Be that as it may, today's question from the Ten Day Challenge is "Five Foods", so here are some of my favorites and one that is clearly not.
|Photo from Simplyrecipes.com|
1. Prime Rib. Looking at that picture almost makes me feel sorry for vegetarians... well, almost. One of the great things about prime rib is that it's usually accompanied by mashed potatoes and gravy. That combo could easily make my list too, but for now I'll just leave it here where it belongs, right next to that salt & pepper crusted, fat laiden, aromatic P R I M E R I B !!!
|Photo by avlxyz on Flicker|
2. Sushi seems to be one of those love or hate type of foods. Here's a little tidbit about me: When I was working in the restaurant industry, I spent a small stint working at a sushi bar. I was the only round eye there and as I look back on that experience I can't help but think about how cool that was.
|Photo from Yorkblog.com|
3. There are a number of desserts that rank up there in the "I like" category, but making the top of the list would be Creme Burlee. The simple ingredients, (egg yolks, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla) work perfectly together. I love the crisp caramelized sugar on top along with the chilled, velvety custard.
|Photo from Turbokick.com|
4. I've always enjoyed a good Salad Bar. We used to go to the Sizzler from time to time when I was growing up. I remember them having a great salad bar. It can be an entire meal in itself.
|Photo from Kaylynskitchen.com|
5. It's my opinion that anyone who would willingly eat an artichoke should have his or her head examined. It's a thistle people! It makes me wonder at what point some poor misguided soul went out into the sticker patch, looked at the knobby, green leafed bulb at the end of the stalk and said, "Wow, now that looks tasty! Think I'll take it inside, steam the snot out of it and then scrape the leaves against my teeth to enjoy the paste like substance contained within." One word Y U C K !!!